Graduating students should arrive in their regalia at the Village Square Area at 5 pm to check in.
What to Expect
- You will receive your Graduation ID Card as you check in.
- Commencement marshals will escort you to your seat in the ceremony area.
- At the appropriate time in the ceremony, the reader will ask the A.A., A.S., certificate candidates and Marin County Office of Education certificate of completion students to rise.
- Marshals will direct students to the platform row by row.
- Give your Graduation ID Card to the reader when you approach the stage.
- When you receive your diploma cover, exit the stage, pause to allow the professional photographer to take your picture, then return to your seat and sit down. (Your official diploma will arrive in the mail to you in late July).
- After all graduates are seated, the Vice President will ask you to move your tassel from the right to the left side of your cap.
IMPORTANT NOTE: No family or guests should follow you through the gates that are designated for graduates. Please kindly remind family and friends that they should meet you after the ceremony.
Graduation Identification Card
You will receive your Graduation Identification Card when you check in on the day of the ceremony. It will be used to read your name when you cross the stage. If you have an often mispronounced name, please call 415.485.9648 and leave a message repeating your name as you would like it to be read at the ceremony.
Flowers and Gifts
A vendor will be on-site selling flowers and gifts at the ceremony.
GradImages will provide professional photography at the ceremony. Please visit their website at www.gradimages.com where you will find your photos available to share and order online. You are not obligated to purchase any of the photographs taken by GradImages.
All graduates will be photographed individually on stage with David Wain Coon, Ed.D., Superintendent/President after receiving your diploma jacket.
When exiting the stage, pause at the bottom of the stage to take your graduation photo before returning to your seat.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Guests may take photos from designated areas only. Please remind guests that entering aisles or approaching the stage is not allowed.
College of Marin (COM) will be photographing and digitally recording during commencement activities. Your image may be used in College printed and digital publications and on the College website for promotional and educational purposes. By attending this event, students waive all rights to privacy with respect to the use of their image by College of Marin for promotional and educational purposes.