The Student Learning and Success area encompasses academic and student services divisions. This integrated approach affords the opportunity to create a truly coherent and integrated educational program for students and help all faculty and staff see the connections in their work.
We focus on fulfilling the College’s mission to provide equitable opportunities and foster success for all members of our diverse community. We do this by understanding equity to mean recognizing historical and systemic disparities in opportunity and outcomes and providing the resources necessary to address those disparities.
This work requires us to call attention to patterns of inequity in student outcomes by being willing to take personal and institutional responsibility for students' success, and critically reassess our practices. It also requires us to be race-conscious and aware of the social and historical context of exclusionary practices in American education.
- Connecting Higher Education To The Workforce Of Tomorrow (11/8/23)
- Community College Is the Future of Liberal Education (11/1/2023)
- Academic Success Tip – Syllabus Assignment (10/24/2023)
- 5 Steps to Integrate Climate Action Into Your Courses This Fall (10/17/2023)
- No Questions No Problem (10/11/2023)
- Improving Asynchronous Discussion Boards (10/3/2023)
- Student Contributions (9/26/2023)
- 3 Ways To Improve Student Group Work (9/20/23)
- How to Become a Mobile-Mindful Teacher (9/13/23)
- A Relationship Road Map (9/5/23)
- The Missed Opportunity of Office House (8/30/23)
- Equitable Assignments (8/22/23)
- How to Create a Syllabus (8/11/23)
- Should You Add an AI Policy to Your Syllabus (8/2/23)