Creating Connections and Cultivating Excellence
8:30 am — 9 am
Grab a cup of coffee, meet, and greet your colleagues in-person!
9 am — 11 am
Convocation: Creating Connections and Cultivating Excellence
- Welcome back and reconnecting as a community
- Collegewide updates
- COMmon Read Kick Off: The 1619 Project
11 am — 12:30 pm
Campus Tours — Guided and Self-Guided
- Miwok Aquatic and Fitness Center — Self-guided tour
- Organic Farm and Garden — Guided 30 min tours start at the farm entrance at 11:15 am and 12 pm. Self-guided tours available from 11 am to 12:30 pm.
- Transportation Technology Complex (Building 2) — Virtual reality demonstration to enhance student learning.
11 am — 1 pm
Health and Wellness Fair — Jonas Center Parking Lot
Come enjoy live music, games, and activities as you learn about the health and wellness programs available to COM employees."
Employee Lunch — Bill and Adele Jonas Center
12 pm — 1 pm
All COM employees are invited to come enjoy lunch and reconnect.
Department Meetings — Check ProLearning for room locations
1 pm — 3 pm
UPM Meeting — Bill and Adele Jonas Center
3:15 pm – 4:15 pm
President’s Welcome Back Reception — Bill and Adele Jonas Center
4:15 pm – 5 pm
All employees are invited to take some time to relax and mingle with colleagues in this social hour hosted by Dr. Coon and UPM.