In conformity with Education Code 76370, College of Marin has adopted a policy of auditing classes.
Attending classes with the intent to audit without registering as an auditor is NOT permitted. Students may audit selected classes for a fee of $15.00 per unit plus any additional course costs. Students regularly enrolled in 10 or more units may audit up to 3 units free of charge.
1. Auditors must be eligible for admission to college as regularly enrolled students (Current application on file through the online process).
2. Auditor status is allowed only if student has exhausted repeat possibilities as a regular student & Petition to Repeat was denied.
3. Auditors must meet the course prerequisite.
4. Instructor must provide an Add Authorization code on the Audit Enrollment card (available at Enrollment Services) to show approval for student to attend class as an auditor on a space available basis.
5. Auditors will be allowed to register only after the First Census date of the class.
6. Auditors may NOT attend or participate until official enrollment is secured after the First Census date of the class.
7. Auditors may NOT change their status to regular student in the class (or reverse).
8. Once the auditor fee is paid, it will not be refunded.
9. No grades can be earned or transcripts maintained.
Students registered as auditors only will not be entitled to the regular student health services (other than emergencies).
LIST OF COURSES AVAILABLE FOR AUDIT
compiled by the Office of Instructional Management; updated June 12, 2017