Hosting a COMmunity Hour Event
Interested in hosting a COMmunity Hour Event?
Events can be a social gathering, music, lecture/discussion, forum, skill building – anything that aligns with the college’s mission; is fun, interesting, rooted in social justice, and brings the college community together. Funding is available to help hosts hold events.
However, all events MUST:
- Take place during COMmunity Hour (Mondays or Wednesdays from 12:40-1:30pm)
- Serve our entire college community (students, staff and/or faculty) and/or promote our equity mission
- Be proposed using the form below at least 2 weeks prior to the event
Responsibilities of event hosts:
- Booking a space (if necessary) or providing a zoom link (if applicable)
- Advertising your event
- Securing and providing needed supplies
The COMmunity Hour committee will:
- Advertise on the COMmunity Hour calendar
- Work to ensure there are no major conflicts across events
- Provide funding for those that apply (contingent on committee approval)