COM Students who have a COM card and Spring 2020 transit sticker can ride Marin Transit buses for free through December 31, 2020.
About Your COM Card / Student ID
All College of Marin credit/noncredit students have unlimited access to local Marin Transit buses, including a faster, direct route to both campuses, with their valid COM Card. We have worked with Marin Transit to extend the validity of the COM Transit Stickers issued for Spring 2020. Students with existing IDs and stickers can use them until December 31, 2020 on all Marin Transit bus routes.
New students and students who did not get a sticker for Spring 2020 will need a new card and/or sticker. Since the campuses will remain closed for Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 semesters, please follow the instructions below.
How to Get Your COM Card / Student ID Remotely
To request a COM card, fill out the COM Card/Student ID Request Form and submit your photo with the form. You will need to login to your MyCOM portal to access this form. See the photo submission guidelines below.
Make sure you have paid the transportation fee when you request your COM card. Your COM card will include the validation/transit sticker if you have paid the transportation fee. Your COM card will be mailed to you by US postal mail in 7 to 10 business days.
If you already have a COM card and only need a transit sticker, please email email@example.com to request for one. The transit sticker will be mailed to you after you have paid transportation fees.
How to Make a Payment
The payment options accepted at this time are online payments, Nelnet Payment Plans, and checks mailed to College of Marin, Cashiering Services, 835 College Ave., Kentfield, CA 94904. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Use Your COM Card
Show your COM Card, with a valid sticker, to the driver when you board any Marin Transit bus. COM Cards are valid for travel within Marin County on Marin Transit services only and are NOT accepted on Golden Gate Transit regional or commuter buses or ferries.
Lost or Stolen COM Cards
To replace a lost or stolen COM Card, send an email email@example.com. Please include your name, M00#, mailing address, and indicate if you also need to replace your bus transit sticker.
There is no charge to replace your COM card. There is a $36 fee to replace the bus transit sticker that will need to be paid before we can send you a replacement COM card with a sticker. You can pay the fee through your MyCOM portal.
COM Card Rules
- COM Card is issued to and is for the use by registered COM students.
- COM Card is valid only for the person identified.
- COM Card is not transferable or refundable and will be revoked if used by anyone else.
- Your COM Card must be validated for each trip by showing the bus operator your card with a valid sticker each time you board the bus.
- Your COM Card with valid sticker must be presented to Marin Transit personnel for inspection upon request.
- Do not sell, reproduce, share, or give away your COM Card.
- Misuse of your COM Card is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please follow the instructions and submission requirements below:
- Recent COLOR photo of head and shoulders ONLY – typically this is a photo taken from 3-5 feet away
- No other visible people or objects
- Photo taken in good lighting with no shadows or bright spots
- Face and shoulders forward and centered – no sunglasses, hats, or any other article that obstructs the face and hair
- Wear visible clothing, contrasting to white, blue, or dark background, no textures, patterns, natural wood, etc.
- Orientation of photo to be forward and level, no head tilts or taken from above, i.e., my space angle. Social media profile pictures should not be submitted
- Saved as a .JPG
Photos including any of the following will not be allowed and will be rejected:
- Someone other than yourself, (animal, baby, parents, inanimate object)
- Sunglasses or hats
- Tilted heads, selfies, and glamour shots
- Comical photos or photos with gestures
- Backgrounds that are not plain/solid white or dark color
- Group photos
- Low-quality or dark or too light images