College of Marin Fitness Center and Employee Wellness Program Information
The objective of the College of Marin Employee Wellness program is to provide College of Marin faculty and staff an opportunity to access our excellent health and fitness instruction and facilities in order to create a healthier and more balanced campus community. Whether you are interested in beginning an exercise program or are looking to modify and/or enhance your current fitness program, the Fitness Center instructors will help you achieve your goals. Below you will find the steps to enroll in the Employee Wellness program.
USE OF THE FITNESS CENTER
To utilize the Fitness Center you will need to:
- Enroll in the Employee Wellness program and contribute $30 for each term you wish to use it. There are a couple of different ways to make a payment.
- Pay by cash or check at the Cashiering Services window in the Student Services Center and bring a receipt to the Fitness Center front desk, located in PE 20.
- Go to the front desk of the Fitness Center and pay by credit or debit card through PayPal.
- Complete a Fitness Center Orientation. Orientations are primarily offered during the first two weeks of the semester, but staff will be available to provide an orientation beyond the first two weeks as well. If you miss these initial orientation opportunities, contact Director of Kinesiology and Athletics Ryan Byrne to arrange an orientation. Please note that we require all employees and students to complete a Par-Q Physical Activity Readiness Survey to assess if you are ready to safely begin an exercise regimen.
The Fitness Center maintains both directed classes as well as open hours for drop-in students. Use is limited to open hours of operation and there will be a qualified instructor present to lead the class as well as a front desk associate to assist you in getting started. A current class schedule for the Kentfield Campus is conveniently posted on the College of Marin Kinesiology and Athletics web page, on the “College of Marin Fitness CTR” App (both the Apple App Store and the Android App Store) as well as posted outside each door.
FITNESS CENTER HOURS: FALL 2017
Monday: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 6:20 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 6:20 p.m.
Wednesday: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 6:20 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 6:20 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. - 11 a.m.
• Students will be engaging in the Fitness Center course during the same hours the Employee Wellness program is offered. Students are given first priority for the equipment, but there should be plenty of resources available to meet the needs of both students and employees. Fitness Center classes are open to students and employees, or participants can exercise on their own after completing the orientation. Exercising with a partner is strongly encouraged as this promotes safety, consistency, and can help with goal achievement.
• During your orientation, you will be provided with a barcode sticker on your key fob. Once you register, be prepared to show your key fob with the barcode sticker to verify your enrollment in the Employee Wellness program and completion of the orientation session.
• If you forget how to use the equipment, please ASK. The Fitness Center is an educational laboratory, much like a chemistry or nursing lab. Your safety is our top priority and using the equipment in the appropriate manner at appropriate resistance is critical. If you forget how to do an exercise or have a question about the appropriateness of an exercise for you, or programming of an exercise in terms of volume or intensity, please ask.
Q: How do I get a locker in the Faculty Locker Room?
A: A very limited number of faculty/staff athletic lockers are available first come, first served. Lockers are also available for staff and faculty in the general locker rooms located adjacent to the pool. These lockers are intended for day use only and you will need to provide your own lock. Available faculty/staff lockers are renewed by email every semester. To get a locker you will first need to register for the Employee Wellness program, then contact Athletics Equipment Manager Ricardo Santos.
Q: How do I know when classes are scheduled and what classes are offered?
A: The class schedule is posted online on the College of Marin Kinesiology web page and on the “College of Marin Fitness CTR” App (both the Apple App Store and the Android App Store).
Contact Director of Kinesiology and Athletics Ryan Byrne with any questions.