Student Resource Guide
Getting Tech Ready
Confirm you have reliable access to the internet with your devices.
- If you can’t access a computer or don’t have reliable internet access, submit a ticket through the COM ServiceDesk.
Reduced Cost or Free Internet Access
If you need reduced-cost or free internet access, there are multiple organizations that are providing support. We encourage you to research each option to find the best fit for you.
Confirm you can log in to the MyCOM Portal.
- If you do not know your username or password, click the Forgotten Username and Reset Password link.
- If you are new to MyCOM, you need to sign up by clicking the First Time User link before you can log in.
- For more information about MyCOM, visit MyCOM FAQ.
Access Canvas through the MyCOM Portal.
- Log in to MyCOM
- On the left navigation, under the heading Quick Links - Applications, click on the Canvas link.
Download the Canvas and Zoom apps on your mobile devices to access course materials on the go and receive critical announcements from your instructors.
- CCC Online Learning Module — Getting Tech Ready
- Comprehensive Orientation to Online Learning and 20 additional video modules that support remote learning. Sign up for a free account: www.go2ie.com/onlinelearningstudent
Student ConferZoom/Zoom Support
Zoom phone numbers are not toll-free when calling from a landline. If calling from a cell phone or you use your computer audio you will not incur additional charges. However, data charges may apply depending on your data plan.
- Learn how to join a Zoom meeting
- Basic Zoom meeting control
- Screen sharing in Zoom
- Tech support: submit a ticket through the COM ServiceDesk
Student Canvas Support
- Visit the Canvas Support Guides
- Visit the COM Canvas Quick Start and FAQ
- Call Student Canvas Support 24/7: 1 (844) 592-2200