Conference, Training, and Travel Requests


Funding for faculty to attend conferences and other professional learning activities is available through the UPM/District Professional Affairs Committee (PAC). Information about how to request PAC funds is posted in the online faculty handbook on the PAC Information Page.

Classified Professional

A limited amount of funding is available through Human Resources for job-related training and professional learning activities for classified staff. Funds are distributed during the fiscal year on a first come, first served basis in amounts up to $500 per person. Staff Development funds may be combined with other department or institutional funds to cover training, conferences or other professional learning activities approved by the classified staff member's supervisor or manager.

To request funds:

  • Download and complete a Request for Classified Staff Development Funds Form detailing the activity, the job-related benefit and the amount of money requested.
  • Submit the form to your supervisor or manager for approval to attend the activity.
  • Place the approved, signed form in the "Staff Development" mailbox in the Kentfield Campus Mailroom.
  •  The Professional Learning Committee will review and approve requests and then submit your request to Human Resources.
  • If funding is available, the approved form will be returned to the classified staff member along with a memo that will explain how to be reimbursed for approved expenses.