Topics of the study session included the Branson use agreement, an update on the Solar project and related actions, the Public Agency Retirement System (PARS) and an update on the budget. An update on the Measure B Program included forum updates on summer projects, the Project Stabilization Agreement (PSA), the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act (CUPCCAA), Design Build Delivery Method, Program Management Contract, and Construction Management needs for summer projects. Copies of the presentations may be found on Board Docs.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Report
The CEO report included a brief update on Accreditation, a presentation on the Zero Cost Textbook Program, a presentation on the Sonoma State University Degree Completion Program partnership and an update on the Indian Valley Organic Farm and Garden. Trustees also acted to approve the Memorandum of Understanding with Sonoma State during the CEO report, followed by a brief reception.
The Board of Trustees passed all consent and action items on the April 18, 2017, Board meeting agenda with the following changes:
Consent Item G.2. Classified Personnel Recommendations was revised.
Consent Item G.7. Credit Course Additions, Revisions; Degree Revisions; Certificates of Achievement and Skills Certification. The attachment to this item was revised.
Measure B Action Item H.10. Award of Master Agreement for RFQ-MB06 for On-Call Consultant Services. The Notice to Bidders attachment was removed.
Meeting Highlights include:
The Board approved the appointment of the following employees:
Tammera Johnson, Administrative Assistant - Career and Technical Education Department
Ruby Reyes, ESA III - Enrollment Services
Daudi Maneto, Laboratory Technician – Microbiology
Angela Olmanson, Program Administrator - Health Sciences
Nekoda Harris, Assistant Director - Human Resources
Board Policies and Administrative Procedures
The Board received the following Board policies for a first reading:
- BP 2000 Board Title and Authority
- BP 2010 Board Membership
- BP 2015 Student Trustee
- BP 2100 Board Elections
- BP 2110 Vacancies on the Board
- BP 2200 Board Duties and Responsibilities
- BP 2210 Officers
- BP 2725 Board Compensation
- BP 3050 Institutional Code of Ethics
- BP 3100 Organizational Structure
- BP 3280 Grants
- BP 3820 Gifts
- BP 3840 Fundraising (New)
- BP 4675 Programs for Older Adult Students (10 + 1)
- BP 5400 Associated Student Organizations
- BP 5410 Associated Student Organization Elections
- BP 5420 Associated Student Organization Finance
The Board approved the following Board Policies:
- BP 3550 Drug & Alcohol Free Environment & Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP)
- BP 4050 Articulation (10 + 1)
- BP 5140 Student Accessibility Services (SAS) (formerly Disabled Students Programs and Services)
- BP 5500 Standards of Student Conduct (10 + 1)
The Board received the following Administrative Procedures as information:
- AP 2015 Student Trustee
- AP 2110 Vacancies on the Board
- AP 3050 Institutional Code of Ethics
- AP 3100 Organizational Structure
- AP 3280 Grants
- AP 3820 Gifts (New)
- AP 3840 Fundraising (New)
- AP 5400 Associated Student Organizations
- AP 5410 Associated Students Organization Elections
- AP 5420 Associated Students Organization Finance
Other Action Highlights
The Board of Trustees approved Resolution #2017-8 to establish the IVC Farm Operations Special Revenue Fund, Resolution #2017-9 to enter into contract with Public Agency Retirement Services (PARS), Resolution #2017-10 to establish California Uniform Public Contract Cost Accounting Act (CUPCCAA), Resolution #2017-11 to approve the Design Build process for the New Miwok Center, and #2017-12 to fund PARS. There were a number of actions taken related to the Measure B Bond Program as well as additional non-bond facilities projects.
The full agenda and related materials can be found online under the “Meetings” tab > April 18 meeting.